05 fevereiro 2018

é pró menino e prá menina



Sky Brown, Ocean Brown. Duas crianças.

Com estas modernices de não separar os miúdos por Barbies e bolas, uma pessoa fica sem saber quem é o menino, quem é a menina.

Numa entrevista, a miúda contava:

SH: Do people ever treat you differently because you're a girl skater? 
SB: When I was smaller boys would snake me (cut in line or take my turn) in the surf or on my skateboard. It's definitely something I think about a lot.
I live in Japan and sometimes it feels like girls are meant to be quiet and stay indoors, but that has definitely motivated me to skate and surf harder and show the boys (and men) that girls can do whatever dudes can do, and it's worked. Now no one hassles me and instead I get a lot of support.

A entrevista é uma delícia. Uma miúda de oito anos a falar de como o skating pode ser importante para outras crianças esquecerem os seus problemas, e como ela própria se entende como pessoa que pode mudar o mundo:

Last year I went to a school for homeless children in San Diego and skated. These children aren't as lucky as me. Some don't have moms and dads.
Getting to skate with them was just awesome. They were so stoked, and a lot of the girls had never tried before but they wanted to after seeing me skate. I taught them how to push and do ollies. It was fun for me to see them forget about troubles and just enjoy skateboarding.

Sem comentários: